This is a segment providing the latest information and discussion on a current health issue.
For example, you could report on new cases of polio in Afghanistan, current vaccination campaigns, or new health services being built in your community.
- Telling your listeners what’s happening right now can help them feel involved in the issue
- Reports can be quick to produce – you can either broadcast it from the studio or from a reporter out in the community
- Consider what topics and issues would be interesting to and benefit your listeners, and research the latest news in these
- Go to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative website to see if there have been any polio cases reported in Afghanistan this week
- Check the Facebook pages of WHO Afghanistan, UNICEF Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health, or contact their offices, to see what campaigns and activities are going on at the moment
- Speak to local news agencies to find out what’s happening in your area
- You could interview health experts involved in the issue – take a look at these interview tips
Your report should answers questions such as: